COVID SAFETY MEASURES
We have all been through a lot over the last few months, and many of us are looking forward to resuming regular habits and routines. While many things have changed in our world, one thing has remained the same at Garden City Dental Group: our commitment to your health and safety. As you have surely observed during past visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority at our practice. Now, more than ever, we are committed to providing you the highest quality of care and safety during your visits with us.
We are writing to inform you of the preparation that has taken place at our dental office to keep you both safe and comfortable when our practice reopens for routine care in the weeks ahead. In most cases, the modifications to our infection control protocols exceed the current recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Here are just a few changes you will notice:
Prescreening / Health Monitoring of Patients& Staff:
- A few days before your appointment our office will contact you to prescreen for symptoms of COVID-19. You’ll be asked the same questions again when you arrive to the office. We will not be treating anyone with fever, cough or any other symptoms of respiratory illness.
- You must wear a mask or face covering when entering the office.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer immediately when entering the office. Hand sanitizer will be made available to you and will also be readily available throughout the office.
- Your temperature will be taken when you enter the office.
- You should not attend your appointment with family or friends, with the exception of the elderly, disabled, or a minor patient. Anyone accompanying the you will receive the same prescreening and admittance protocol as our patients.
- Staff members will also undergo a daily health screening.
- Staff members will be asked to at stay home if they are experiencing any fever or respiratory illness.
Practicing Social Distancing Measures:
- Patients will wait in their cars and be notified by cell phone when they can safely enter the building and be directed into their treatment room.
- We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Express check out is available with a credit card on file in order to expedite your departure and limit your interaction with staff members.
Enhancements to Treatment Protocols:
- High efficiency suction systems will be located within our treatment rooms during any procedures that produce aerosols. This suction will be positioned extra orally near the mouth to capture aerosols at their source.
- We will ask that at the beginning of treatment, you use special pre-operative mouth rinse.
- Between all patients, we will be sanitizing the room air with electrolyzed water; a safe and natural anti-viral, anti-bacterial mist.
- All clinical staff members will be using the highest level of PPE possible (masks, gowns and face shields)
General Office and Common Area Redesign:
- A standing High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filtration (HEPA) air purification system has been placed in the waiting room.
- The office HVAC system has been redesigned with a UV disinfecting unit as well as a HEPA filter.
- The entire office will be routinely electrostatically cleaned with a botanical disinfectant followed by ATP testing of all surfaces to ensure complete disinfection.
- High touched surfaces, like office bathrooms, light switches and doorknobs will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Plexiglass partitions have been placed along the front desk counter.
- All magazines, children’s toys and other comfort items have been removed from waiting room.
We hope this answers many of your questions and alleviates any concerns. Maintaining our commitment to our patients in providing you the highest quality of care is more critical than ever. We cannot emphasize enough how routine dental care and examinations are essential to detect and treat serious pathology, minimize pain and infection, and maintain your overall health.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the safest way possible. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and your family safe while in our care.