At Garden City Dental Group, we know that dental care can be a stressful experience for some patients. That’s why we consider making your time with us as relaxing as possible a top priority. With this in mind, we offer a variety of sedation options, one of which is nitrous oxide.
Nitrous oxide is a colorless, calming substance that can be safely inhaled. You continue to breathe independently during your treatment. And, while you remain conscious during treatment, some patients even feel relaxed enough to fall asleep during their appointment.
Advantages of Nitrous Oxide
- There are no lingering side effects.
- It is completely safe for your heart and lungs as well as the rest of your body.
- The dosage amount can be adjusted at any time to achieve the ideal level of relaxation.
- Nitrous oxide helps patients refrain from gagging during their procedure.
- Reaching the brain in as little as 20 seconds, nitrous oxide induces relaxation in as little as 2 minutes.
If you would like to experience the relaxing of effects nitrous oxide before deciding to include it with your treatment, we’ll be happy to let you try it first.